2. Sprinkle salt, baking soda, cornstarch, or talcum powder on the stain to absorb any excess oil and let it stand 10 to 15 minutes, and then brush it off.
3. Rub colourless dishwashing liquid into the stain and leave it stand 1 to 2 minutes. Then soak in a sudsy mixture of hot water and dishwashing detergent for up to 30 minutes.
4. Rinse the back of the stain well in hot water. Once again, use a dull knife or spoon to remove any loosened lotion from the fabric.
5. If the stain remains, make a paste of baking soda and water at a ratio of approximately 3 to 1, spread on the stain, wait until it dries, and then brush off.
6. Apply laundry pre-soak (spot stain remover) and let stand several minutes. Launder in the hottest water safe for the fabric. For extra heavy stains, replace half the amount of detergent with baking soda.
7. If the stain remains, repeat steps 2 through 6.