Can I Get Rid of This Nail Polish Stain?
1. Place the bed linen, towel or tablecloth, over an absorbent cloth and blot with an acetone nail polish remover. Straight acetone can also be use; it is stronger and may work faster than nail polish remover. For either method, test first for colourfastness. If colour is affected, substitute white vinegar for the nail polish remover. Apply slowly and blot continuously. Replace the cloth as it becomes saturated.
2. Rinse well.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you have removed as much stain as possible.
4. Apply a laundry pre-soak (spot stain remover) and let stand several minutes.
5. Launder according to instructions on label.
6. Let fabric dry in the sun after each washing, for added bleaching. For white or colourfast materials, try blotting the stain with a solution of equal parts white vinegar or hydrogen peroxide and water, then setting fabric in sunlight. Keep stain moist with solution until the stain is removed. If that doesn't work, launder with a bleach that is safe for the fabric. Test first for colourfastness. If all else fails check out Home Linen's latest designs where you are sure to find a suitable replacement. And if the stain does come off .... you can still treat yourself to a fabulous tablecloth or a luxurious new bedroom set from the vast range available at Home Linen.