It's Time To Enjoy the Great Outdoors!
March started off frosty, but it seems set to improve with a promise of a glorious spring. We are being drawn outdoors, whether it is to the park or to our own gardens. This weather totally calls for a picnic and with the Easter Holidays coming up we can definitely afford the break!
If you are heading for the outdoors mid-day then be sure to pack along a generous picnic lunch as the fresh air brings on a hearty appetite! Sandwiches are usually the best choice with a filling of either salami or smoke salmon, along with ready washed vegetables and snacks. You don't want to take along anything that can spill or stain so stay away from foods that require ketchup or sauces!
To prevent grass stains you will definitely need to include a rug or blanket in your picnic box. Homelinen has a couple of great blanketd to suit this purpose. However no need to worry if you do happen to get some green on your clothes! We have the perfect tips to get you clean!
1. Place the picnic rug, stain–side down on an absorbent cloth and sponge the back of the stain by rubbing alcohol, replacing the pad underneath as necessary. Test first for colourfastness. For acetate fabrics, dilute the alcohol with 2 parts water. However, do not use alcohol on wool.
2. Rinse well in cold water.
3. If the stain remains, use an old toothbrush to scrub the stain with non-gel toothpaste (preferably containing baking soda). Let it stand for 2 to 3 minutes. If toothpaste is not available, sponge the stain with white vinegar.
4. Rinse well.
5. If the stain remains, repeat steps 1 through 4 until you’ve removed as much stain as possible.
6. Rub the stain with laundry pre-soak (spot stain remover) and let stand for several minutes.
7. Launder with a liquid enzyme detergent.